4.15.2013

U2 :: Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree National Park is about an hour from Palm Springs and one of the few parks along the West Coast Mark and I had yet to visit.  The trees were blooming while we were there, which sounds really cool, but since the blooms blend in fairly nicely with the tree's prickly needles, I'm not sure if it's a huge selling point.  I think the better thing about visiting in April is the cooler air, which I'm sure is much better than the 100-plus temperatures that persist all summer.






Two notes about the photos below:
1.  I'm not sure what I'm doing in the first photo.  Probably looking for snails for Guillaume {little inside joke}, and
2.  I love that, with the exception of his hat, Guillaume is perfectly camouflaged in the second picture.



We spent part of the morning exploring the northern end of the Park, but quickly realized that once you've seen a hundred Joshua Trees you've seen them all and decided the remainder of our day would be better spent lounging poolside back in Palm Springs.  Shortly before we left however, I did attempt to drive away in someone else's car.  For whatever reason I assumed every white car in California was ours and at one point went so far as to sit in the driver's seat of another vehicle.  And instead of acting like an adult and apologizing to the person whose car I had just claimed as my own, I ran off and hid between two other cars with Lottie and then laughed until I couldn't breath. Apparently thirty-two is just a number and by no means a measure of maturity.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Bahahahaha. I laughed when reading that you committed car theft, then realizing your mistake giggled like a school girl! Oh, how I miss you!