4.19.2012

Life Lately

Life lately has consisted of short hikes, long walks, thunderstorms, and large amounts of time on the computer finishing up three Michigan maps that go to press tomorrow. Too much time on the computer actually.... and my body officially threw a fit protesting all the stress and constant mouse clicking last night at yoga. And when I told my instructor why I wasn't staying for post-yoga tea, I was quickly whisked away to the meditation room where I was given a 30 minute massage to help with all my aches and pains. It was brutal. But much needed...even if I was shaking during part of it and then got a talk on how I need to take better care of myself from a cute Korean lady.

Mark obviously doesn't need yoga classes. He is quite limber.



I, meanwhile, prefer a more playful frog-like approach to health and fitness.



The other day we decided to "walk further than we'd ever walked before"...from our front door that is. We walked down the greenway, past the golf course, across the earthen dam, down the mountain bike trail and back to our apartment. It was cloudy. And green. And the Front Range loomed in the background, as it always does.



Diego stayed home of course. We've developed a habit of eating breakfast together each morning - me and a bowl of cereal, him and the piece of fruit I stick in his enclosure. He then runs around like he's about to lose it, then promptly falls asleep. Every now and then Mark joins in on the fun and we have what I call "Family Time"... even though Diego is petrified of us 98 percent of the time, it's still a lovely way to spend an hour together.


And lastly, we held our first annual "Pollock Family Goal's Meeting" last week, which consisted of us each taking 30 minutes to write down our life goals (both short and long-term). I read this one sentence recently: "Show me your vision and I'll show you your future" so it was time to start getting some vision's down on paper. Mine ranged anywhere from Be Debt Free by the end of 2013 to Become Fluent in French to See Dolly Parton Perform to numerous goals geared toward time with family and friends and travel. Which I'll be able to do a little of in one month with a much needed trip home for some time with my lovelies.

But until then, it's back to mapping Michigan...

1 comment:

Things To Do said...

Seriously your neck of the woods is amazing! And I so need to come to your yoga studio. Massages and tea!?! That is all sorts of awesome.

Speaking fluent french is awesome goal. I think part of the fun of learning a language is an excuse to travel somewhere and put it to use!

Hope that you get to take some well deserved break from all things computer now that your project is done!