8.09.2011

The S.S. Trace

Two weekends ago I became obsessed with purchasing an inflatable raft {I'll blog about what brought on this obsession later}. Conveniently this raft obsession began a week before my birthday so you can only imagine what I asked for...

Let me introduce you to the S.S. Trace, which according to the box will hold four people whose combined weight can total 800 lbs. We're skeptical. Mark and I weigh less than 300 lbs combined and filled up this entire thing.



Our inaugural voyage was onto Devil's Lake, which was conveniently a stone's throw from our campsite. The only three things you really need to know about Devil's Lake are that it's green, it's incredibly clear, and the water will send you into immediate hypothermic shock should you accidentally dip your toes in.



Oh, and that it's incredibly peaceful and relaxing...assuming you don't get too close to shore. Otherwise the mosquitos will eat you for breakfast. Best to hang out in the middle and hope you don't accidentally start to deflate...



Mark couldn't decide if he wanted to be Lewis and Clark or a pirate, which made for interesting conversation while "out to sea"...



And just like that, my "31st Birthday Dream" came true.

1 comment:

Things To Do said...

Oh man! Now I know what i need to ask for on my next birthday! And welcome to 31! It feels remarkably just like 30. Haha.