Yesterday as I was driving to the store, I was listening to Fresh Air on NPR and they were interviewing Charles C. Mann, author of the books 1491 and 1493. And then it dawned on me... I had completely forgotten! I was supposed to email him in early August with my address. Doesn't everyone have this experience while listening to NPR? Where they are reminded to email the person Terry Gross is interviewing? So this morning I shot him an email {because seriously, who doesn't keep the personal emails of famous authors in their address book?} and his reply was basically "I'll be in Portland in September. Can I buy you coffee?"
I guess this means I need to read his books before September.
And in case you're wondering, our relationship is one of a cartographic nature, especially since his books are filled with maps...one of which is mine.
2 comments:
Seriously this is all kinds of awesome. I need to increase my circle of friends to include NPR interviewees, I think. :)
yeah I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me... :) Apparently my Dad knows random folk singers though...
Post a Comment