1. The forecast here keeps calling for "Clouds with Sunbursts". First of all, sunbursts sound tasty, like candy. Secondly, I would really prefer "Sun with Cloudbursts" instead.
2. For the last 3 weeks, it's been sunny on Wednesday, then rainy on Saturday and Sunday. This is cruel.
3. Portlander's needs a serious bath. Maybe that's why it keeps raining, in an attempt to wash people off and have them smell better. It's not working. Maybe I should walk around and hand out soap on wet days.
4. I've been told the sun comes out July 4th. However a random woman I met was adamant that I know this is a lie. The sun, according to her, always comes out July 14th.
5. The sentence "I wish you could get grits here" is always followed by "Grit? What's a grit?"
6. Cigarettes are alive and well in Portland.
7. Portlander's are a rather chubby bunch, which I found surprising considering how many hiking trails are within a 60 mile radius.
8. Portlander's don't run red lights. Or yellow's. Actually, I've never been in a city where people drive so well. For a town of 2 million people, I've noticed there are remarkably few accidents.
9. It's illegal to use a cell phone while driving in Portland. This may have something to do with those accident-free highways.
10. At least 1 out of every 3 cars in this town is a Subaru Outback. On our 60 mile drive to Mt Hood Saturday, we passed 57. That's almost one per mile.
2 comments:
All of the above = good to know. Thanks for educating us.
Haha - I love this list. Now I hear Portland has a thriving street food scene. Have you checked that out yet?
Post a Comment