If you know me well, you know I don't like to cook. I'm awful in the kitchen (remember the Great Chicken Debacle of 2008), but when my friend Adrianna posted a recipe for some pasta, I couldn't resist digging out my pots and pans and rushing to the grocery store for the ingredients. Although the recipe was fairly straight forward, there were a few stumbling blocks. First, I had to google half the instructions, such as roast and saute and minced. Not a good sign. I also missed Garlic 101 in college. I thought a clove of garlic was the entire thing; fortunately Mark corrected me before I minced all three garlic bulbs and added them to the pot (I will admit however that I minced quite a bit before Mark got home and our garbage disposal now has the very distinct smell of garlic). And where does garlic come from exactly? While wandering around the grocery I was trying to think if I'd ever seen a garlic tree, or bush, or plant before (No need to leave a comment. I googled this too). So after 30 minutes of roasting, mincing, sauteing, and boiling, we ended up with a semi-okay dinner of roasted tomato caprese pasta.
Next on Tracy's Kitchen Corner: Finally using that crock pot we got as a wedding gift over six years ago. How exciting.
7 comments:
i have a great chicken taco soup recipe for the crock pot...i make ribs in there too! and pork chops...and turkey breast...it's easy!
good job on the pasta! i'm proud of you!
Good job, Tracy!! I'm with you, I hate to cook....suck doesn't even begin to describe my skills.
Yay! glad you tried it! Your picture is waaay better than mine, if that counts for anything. Hurry up and come over and I'll make you some :)
tracy,
the crock pot just might become your best friend - mostly you just throw stuff in there and it cooks! can't wait to see more :)
We dont use the crock pot as often as we should but they are handy. The pic looked really yummy and I am an olive fan! Josh once was trying to do his chicken scampi recipe from memory and did 3 CUPS of butter instead of tablespoons I believe it was quite awful! Congrats on breaking out of your comfort zone
Bravo!
You know how they have stickers on fruit that have little facts and stuff? Maybe they should have something similar for garlic so people know what is going on!
Post a Comment