10.14.2008

The Great Chicken Debacle

Tonight was another failed attempt in the kitchen - a place from which I should be banned. Earlier this afternoon, and for no particular reason, I was overcome with the urge to cook Mark a nice meal (how domestic of me). I decided on oven fried chicken - a mistake since every time I cook chicken it shrivels up and becomes inedible.

Regardless, I hopped in the car and came home with a bag full of yummy goodness and high hopes. After I had prepared the chicken and placed it in the oven, I needed sides. And I guess my thought process went something like this: "Brown rice - of course! - that box has only been in the fridge for 2 years ...time to cook it up. And green beans, yum. Maybe this time they'll actually taste like something". Did you know you can toss a handful of different flavors in with a pot of beans and they'll still come out tasting like nothing? And who knew that rice can be both crunchy and gummy...

So, voila! Welcome home honey! Dinner's ready.

Mmmm...doesn't that look delicious?!? Maybe it'll be okay once you scrape the dry powder off the top of the chicken.

No comments: