10.12.2008

A Little Nuts

In lieu of shelling out 3.39/gallon for gas on a 60+ mile round trip to the Smoky's, Mark and I decided to spend Sunday in one of Knoxville's other gems - Ijams Nature Park. What started as an afternoon just hiking the trails turned into something completely different, thanks to a plethora of acorns and other assorted nuts.

Acorn Lewis (yellow) and Acorn Clark before their maiden voyage. Unfortunately, Acorn Clark drowned after his boat capsized in the Meade Quarry at approximately 1:30 EST Sunday. His body was never recovered. Acorn Lewis was not brave enough to venture into the water and instead spent the afternoon tucked snugly away in Tracy's pocket.

After leaving Ijams, we headed downtown and enjoyed a very late lunch at my favorite restaurant in town - The Tomato Head.

And on a slightly unrelated note, I see this tree almost everyday when I drive home. I wish I would have snapped this picture a couple of days ago before it started to turn brown, but I still think it's pretty. Happy Fall Y'all!

1 comment:

Dana said...

be jealous gas is $2.75 here!