Mark finished with work Thursday morning and we spent most of the day driving from Providence to the small town of Ellsworth, Maine. It took us around 8 hours but only felt like minutes thanks to all the goodies along the way.

Starting with a trip to Trader Joe's north of Boston. I had plugged in a Trader Joe's location when we left Providence, however Helga (our GPS) failed us. We ended up in an industrial park somewhere south of Boston. I found this one by accident later when we were north of town.

We also stopped at the Maine Visitor Center where we learned about some of the special jewels Maine has to offer...

Such as Lenny, the Chocolate Moose. He is life-size and made entirely of chocolate, circa 1997.

And the world's largest rotating globe at
DeLorme. It was HUGE (41-ft diameter, 5,600 lbs).

We also ran by the Maine State House in Augusta where we found an elephant cleverly disguised as a tree.


And a shop devoted entirely to spiral staircases. This shop was in the middle of nowhere and located across the street from...

..some stuff. Ah yes, I was wondering where I could get some "stuff". I think I'll turn here.
No comments:
Post a Comment