6.04.2009

Confessions of a Babysitter

Our friends Marta and Evan are on a much deserved cruise (Lucky Ducks!). While they're away, Kate (one of my favorite 2-year olds) has been left in the very capable hands of her grandparents, and for a couple of hours Monday and Thursday, with me.  While I was an awesome babysitter on Monday (We went to a gymnastics gym and played - if you want to be really sore, I highly recommend jumping on a trampoline while holding 25 pounds on your left arm for an hour), tonight was a bit weak on my end.

First, the cute stuff:


While this video looks all and good, I must confess four things to my dear friend Marta:  
1) I had given her a thimble-sized portion of apple juice (oh sweet nectar) 20 minutes before (forgive me Marta)
2) she'd been wiping the water on her very nice shirt for at least 30 seconds before I started recording.  I thought it was funny - yes, bad babysitter! and...
3) it was at least 7:45 (time for bed).

Also, if I'm being completely truthful, bath time was a bit of a bust (clean, but not sparkling) and when the grandparents walked in, she was sitting on the couch with me in nothing but a diaper (the head hole on her pajama top is just too small!).  Hmm, maybe I should rephrase that sentence - Kate was in the diaper.  Not me.

Also, there is a mutilated lightning bug on the downstair's patio.  Kate found it inside, gave it a hug (so cute my heart melted), and then kept smooshing it between her fingers - reminded me of the bumblebee song....you know, I'm squishing up my baby bumblebee.  It wasn't pretty.

So, come home soon M&E.  We miss you!

3 comments:

Evan and Marta said...

I'm crying! That is SO FUNNY! No need to apologize for your approach. You are an AWESOME babysitter!!

126Anassau said...

So so cute!! Awesome babysitter award to Tracy.

Sam, Adrianna, Zoe, Penny, & June said...

I'm jealous, Tracy. That hair is killing me - is that because of the humidity or is her hair really getting that curly? so cute!