Yesterday, Mark and I were finally able to get in our first hike of the summer (well, I guess it's still technically spring). Um, correction: our first hike in the Smoky's. We did hike Little Devils Stairs in Shenandoah a month ago (and my bottom still thanks you - quite the workout). Since Mark and I are completely incapable of getting up early on a weekend, we got to the trail head around 2:30 and hiked along the AT to the Jump Off and Charlie's Bunion. Mark had done this trek once before, however I was in Arizona at the time, so off we went. We got back to our car over 9 miles and 5 hours later (Not bad. We're speed hikers). Then, as is our tradition, we headed into Sevierville for dinner at the Applewood Restaurant. Their apple fritters and dumpling's are always a welcome treat after a long day on the trail. I've posted some pictures from our trek below.
No comments:
Post a Comment