3.22.2009

Saturday

Because we had no particular plans for this past Saturday, Mark and I ended up doing a complete hodgepodge of activities, starting with the Native American Museum for lunch. Unlike other museums, which have a McDonald's, this one has Native American cuisine inspired by different regions throughout the US. It was delicious.

Then, on a rather spur of the moment decision, we decided to walk through the Botanical Gardens. Unfortunately Mark's allergies went haywire and we were forced to make a prompt and speedy exit.

I see these little yellow skeletons spray painted all over DC, usually in crosswalks. I have no clue what they mean, but I'm guessing it's not pleasant.

Later we searched for the Western Hemisphere's largest. First was the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception , the largest church in the Western Hemisphere and the eighth largest in the world.

Followed by the Western Hemisphere's longest escalator, which is at the Wheaton Metro stop. This picture does it no justice. It takes 2 minutes, 28 seconds to ride from bottom to top. Although that may not sound like a long time, it is. Trust me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I wish we could come and visit you! Miss you.