3.17.2009

St. Patrick's Day

On Sunday Mark and I attended the annual Washington DC St. Patrick's Day Parade. Because this was Mark's first parade, we splurged and spent ten dollars to sit in the "grandstands", not knowing that it would be rainy and cold and we could easily have found a seat on the sidewalk. The parade lasted for over two hours and by the end, it was only us and a few others scattered about - everyone else had become hypothermic and left. It was fun regardless - not because the parade was particularly spectacular; quite the opposite actually. It kept us laughing until the end when I couldn't take the rain anymore. The lady behind us videotaped the entire thing - I feel sorry for the lot that has to watch that video.

Have you ever seen such a pathetic unicorn?

So, Happy St. Patrick's Day blog readers! Hope you were all treated to a bowl of Lucky Charms for breakfast, along with some Bono music and a Boston Celtics game!

No comments: