4.17.2013

When a Photo Doesn't Tell the Whole Story



The Whole Story :: We would have enjoyed this beautiful sunset over the Pacific a lot more had it not been for the giant, rotting seal carcass on the beach that kept getting pushed around by the waves.  Mark, who has a desire to take pictures of really disgusting things, made sure to photograph it while Guillaume was photographing the sunset, so not only do I have these stunning pictures, I also have one of a partially decayed animal.

So while it looks like Lottie and I are admiring the sunset and possibly having a really touching conversation about life or the beauty of nature, we were in fact discussing the dead seal, whose head was about to fall off, and both trying not to throw up from the smell.  Then we made jokes about the man attempting to meditate ten feet from the thing, laughed for about two minutes, then tried not to throw up again before we all left.

1 comment:

Lottie said...

LOL! Precious times we spend together!! haha