When we were booking our flight out of Edinburgh, we were really wrestling between three cities: Amsterdam, Venice, or Lisbon... and it was a pathetically difficult decision. But earlier this summer I became slightly obsessed with Portugal. I have no clue why; I probably saw a really pretty picture and decided I had to go there {It wouldn't be the first time. I saw a picture of Santorini a couple of years ago and am fairly certain those tickets were booked within the week} so Lisbon won and I'm happy it did. It was a fantastic contrast to Iceland and the UK. And, for the most part, it was sunny and warm and we could sit outside in little parks and cafes and simply enjoy the afternoon - exactly what a vacation should be.
We only had two days and I'm sure we didn't even scratch the surface but it met our needs perfectly...




A few notes:
1. We stayed in a B&B called The House. I would highly recommend it for a number of reasons, but the top being it had a rooftop terrace with a fantastic view of the city.
2. Next to where we were staying was a little market {the next to last picture} that we frequented several times a day. The shop owner was a little Chinese man and his stuff was an absolute bargain. We bought snacks, some waters and a coke once for less than two euros. The writing on all his coke cans was in Russian, so we're fairly convinced he got his stuff off the black market, but for ten cents, who cares.
We only had two days and I'm sure we didn't even scratch the surface but it met our needs perfectly...




A few notes:
1. We stayed in a B&B called The House. I would highly recommend it for a number of reasons, but the top being it had a rooftop terrace with a fantastic view of the city.
2. Next to where we were staying was a little market {the next to last picture} that we frequented several times a day. The shop owner was a little Chinese man and his stuff was an absolute bargain. We bought snacks, some waters and a coke once for less than two euros. The writing on all his coke cans was in Russian, so we're fairly convinced he got his stuff off the black market, but for ten cents, who cares.
2 comments:
Two things: I love the blurry trolly picture. And the last one should be your Christmas card picture.
Yay! Love re-visiting Lisbon through your photos!
Post a Comment