To celebrate my birthday in style, I made plans for us to go to Aspen this past weekend and see the incredibly beautiful Maroon Bells. Seeing as to how we're not millionaires, we didn't stay in Aspen but instead opted for a cheaper and slightly less luxurious option :: camping. So perhaps we didn't necessarily celebrate "in style" with our accommodations, but Mother Nature had no difficulty making up the difference.
This trip was a blend of really relaxing {the beginning} and really crazy {the end} but none of the craziness matters when standing in front of the absolutely STUNNING Maroon Bells!




So... aspen groves, grassy meadows, wildflowers, lakes, mountains at every turn, even some cute little critters like marmots and pikas were thrown into the mix. Not too shabby Colorado. It has taken several months but I must say, I'm finally impressed.
This trip was a blend of really relaxing {the beginning} and really crazy {the end} but none of the craziness matters when standing in front of the absolutely STUNNING Maroon Bells!




So... aspen groves, grassy meadows, wildflowers, lakes, mountains at every turn, even some cute little critters like marmots and pikas were thrown into the mix. Not too shabby Colorado. It has taken several months but I must say, I'm finally impressed.
1 comment:
Wow. These photos look so gorgeous - they almost don't look like it's a real place. And I kind of feel I need to visit here ASAP. You know except without the horse flies. Those things are totally sketchy. :)
Post a Comment