The day we arrived in Portland was reserved for our friends Jamie and Yoonwa. We met them at Royal Family Kids Camp last year and the following day they were leaving for this summer's camp. Jamie has been mentioned before - she was the camp photographer and also took pictures of Mark and I before we left Portland. Yoonwa was actually our neighbor in Portland, although we didn't meet him until camp. After camp we all started having dinners together, Yoonwa and Jamie started dating, and then we moved to Colorado. So needless to say, we were happy to see them for the day.
Because Jamie and I both enjoy taking pictures {she's the professional and about to launch her own business; I have no idea what I'm doing and will be sticking to mapmaking} we ended up with plenty of pictures from our afternoon together. It was a really fun day, starting with ice cream at the Salt and Straw, a new place in NW Portland with really ridiculous flavors {freckled strawberry coconut sorbet, blueberry with key lime marmalade, etc.} and long lines. We then meandered up to the Rose Garden, then back into downtown for a bit of wandering and dinner and a lot of conversation and laughter.

Probably one of the prettiest public restrooms I've ever seen:

Yoonwa posed as a classic Asian tourist {he's not a tourist; he was born in Salem, OR. His parent's however came here from northern Laos}. I didn't realize the peace sign was a thing until we went to Multnomah Falls a couple of days later...

where we encountered at least 15 Asian tourists, all posing like this:

Because Jamie and I both enjoy taking pictures {she's the professional and about to launch her own business; I have no idea what I'm doing and will be sticking to mapmaking} we ended up with plenty of pictures from our afternoon together. It was a really fun day, starting with ice cream at the Salt and Straw, a new place in NW Portland with really ridiculous flavors {freckled strawberry coconut sorbet, blueberry with key lime marmalade, etc.} and long lines. We then meandered up to the Rose Garden, then back into downtown for a bit of wandering and dinner and a lot of conversation and laughter.

Probably one of the prettiest public restrooms I've ever seen:

Yoonwa posed as a classic Asian tourist {he's not a tourist; he was born in Salem, OR. His parent's however came here from northern Laos}. I didn't realize the peace sign was a thing until we went to Multnomah Falls a couple of days later...

where we encountered at least 15 Asian tourists, all posing like this:

1 comment:
hahaha. i love this! didn't realize you posted it. sooo funny!! loves!
Post a Comment