7.16.2012

Dana & Elliott

This past weekend I finally met my little god-nephew {I don't know if such a thing exists, but since I'm Elliott's G'aunt and Mark is his G'uncle, it would only be logical for him to be our G'nephew} when my most wonderful of friends came into town.  Josh & Dana visit us once a year {we're very lucky to have friends who will come visit. We like to keep it interesting for everyone so we try to move often, allowing people to visit different parts of the country}. Josh stayed home this trip but Elliott took his place.  And he's cute as a button!  I worked my special "Baby Whisperer" skills and we became quick friends.

For the past three days we did the types of things you do when you have a 16 month in tow. We went to the Children's Museum, the aquarium, the zoo, and the park...and we took naps. And one night Mark babysat so Dana and I could go see a movie you can only see with a really good girlfriend - seriously, not a man in the theater. But mostly we just visited. And it was great!



Elliott found George W {along with anything else that could be mistaken for a toy} and formed a quick bond.  At one point, when George W was taken away from him, he had a meltdown and collapsed onto the kitchen floor in a puddle of "my life is over" tears. I couldn't help but wonder "Is this what it's felt like to be a Republican the past four years?  Crying on the kitchen floor now that GW is no longer around?" Poor little guy. Must be rough.


No other animal scares me quite as much as these guys.  Bleck!


So thank you for coming friend!  We were so happy to have you both and spend some quality time with you and your little one.  Miss you guys.  Love.

2 comments:

Camels & Chocolate said...

Love the Vols appearance!

Also, my very first dive ever I saw a moray and was freaked the eff out, not realizing they were as common an underwater staple as an angelfish. Now I love seeing those funny little guys--though I will admit, they are still creepy!

Dana said...

I am happy to see you already blogged! :) We had such a lovely time with you guys! Elliott surely loves you as much as I do! Thank you for your hospitality and the mega long trips to the airport.