6.01.2012

Harrison Brother's Store

When we travel to Huntsville to visit my family, we rarely venture into downtown or go much further than the grocery store down the street.  We're fairly comfortable just driving back and forth between my parent's and my brother's.  Even before my parent's moved down there a couple of year's ago, we would just drive to Pete's and park it, only venturing out to get Mexican food.  But, much to Mark's delight, we made a quick little trip downtown with my parent's one day so Mark could see the "Big Spring", the little fountain of water that Huntsville was built around.  I don't have any pictures of it.  I think I was sitting on a bench instead, probably complaining that it was too hot, while Mark and my dad went to check things out. But I do have pictures of the Harrison Brother's Store, which has been around since 1879, is filled with trinkets, and is really kind of cute.

1 comment:

Camels & Chocolate said...

Adorable! We were just in Huntsville this week--and will be back next month, so I'll have to check this out, for sure!