The first thing out of our mouths when Mark and I stepped off the plane in Knoxville was "It's wet"... Wet as in humid. Wet as in gross. And it was midnight. And my hair immediately went haywire. We were definitely home.
So after a night of practically swimming in our sleep {Did I mention it was humid? And that we have grown accustomed to living in a place so dry that I now buy lotion, water, and chapstick in bulk at Costco?}, we woke up bright and early the following day to attend little Kate Crass' 5th birthday party.
I served as party photographer, which was not easy. The kids were running around at lightning speeds, water was flying everywhere, and the last thing you want to do is tell them to stop having fun and smile at the camera for five seconds. So I didn't. But seriously, it was a great party. So cute. And so fun to be five year's old {which I'm not obviously, but whatever. I lived vicariously through all the little party guests}.
This is Kate, the party girl:

And Andrew, her little brother:

And my wonderful friend Marta, who also happens to be Kate's mom:

There was candy:

And water blasters:

Which the adults enjoyed as well:

And of course there was cake, which Andrew licked off his plate:

At the end, after everyone left, Kate said it was the best birthday party ever! I agree - it was certainly fun. And I'm so glad we were able to be a part of it. It was a great way to kick-off our week...
So after a night of practically swimming in our sleep {Did I mention it was humid? And that we have grown accustomed to living in a place so dry that I now buy lotion, water, and chapstick in bulk at Costco?}, we woke up bright and early the following day to attend little Kate Crass' 5th birthday party.
I served as party photographer, which was not easy. The kids were running around at lightning speeds, water was flying everywhere, and the last thing you want to do is tell them to stop having fun and smile at the camera for five seconds. So I didn't. But seriously, it was a great party. So cute. And so fun to be five year's old {which I'm not obviously, but whatever. I lived vicariously through all the little party guests}.
This is Kate, the party girl:

And Andrew, her little brother:

And my wonderful friend Marta, who also happens to be Kate's mom:

There was candy:

And water blasters:

Which the adults enjoyed as well:

And of course there was cake, which Andrew licked off his plate:

At the end, after everyone left, Kate said it was the best birthday party ever! I agree - it was certainly fun. And I'm so glad we were able to be a part of it. It was a great way to kick-off our week...
3 comments:
cute kid portraits!
lovely party! great action shots!
I've said it before and I'll say it again: You did a great job on the pictures! I loved having you and Mark there.
Post a Comment