5.27.2012

A Trip Home :: Tenne-Bama

Mark and I just returned from a long, wonderful, and rather humid week in Tenne-Bama visiting friends and family.  When we got back to Denver I quickly opened our suitcase to give my clothes a little sniff.  My mom did my laundry yesterday so they smelled like home.  And home smells great.


{Mark and Jack examine a slug during a morning spent scouring the yard for bugs}

Today was a long day.  I woke up at 4 a.m. nauseous... I'll spare you the details.  We had three flights {the disadvantage of using airline miles is that they stick you on a ridiculous number of flights when you could just as easily fly direct} and I didn't feel particularly stellar for any of them.  It was really miserable.  I'm sure I looked like an absolute nutcase on the first flight - the crazy lady in seat 4C who was both slightly green and breaking into periodic sobs.  But I survived.  And so did Diego.  We picked him up from his hamster babysitter on our way home from the airport.  So now we're all back together.

No comments: