So while Mark was mourning the end of another Christmas, I started looking ahead to 2012. Every year I pick one large goal for myself. Last year I actually ended up with two. The main one was to go on a mission trip. The second was to get a different job, preferably where the sun shines frequently, but this goal really didn't creep in until my job started going south early last year. Thankfully with a little hard work and some answered prayers, I was able to do both.
Next year's goal is still taking shape but it basically circles around the idea of taking root and beginning the process of going deep, not wide - a goal that actually seems doable since I have no plans to move out of Colorado this year {there's only one more major move left on my "to do" list but I don't believe this will be the year. I've reached a point where I'm just laying in wait...it could take awhile but I'm okay with that}. I also plan to start yoga, run another 5k, and return to Europe {and to Portland.. and a little trip to New York.. and some trips home} but ultimately I want to look back at 2012 and know I did something to help someone else and that I began to grow where I'm planted.
And on an almost related note, this comment was on my facebook page today from Jamie:
Hahaha when I first spotted your package atop my mailboxes I sort of gasped because the box was the perfect size for a baby hedgehog which I have been secretly desiring for the past two months. I recovered quickly from the slight disappointment of not finding a snuggly little rodent inside when I saw the awesome nose flute and dapper mustache. The kitchen timer is going to be awesome. I am going to time everything I do now. Including how much time I spent on facebook.
Thank you for making my dream come true.
Love you!!!!! and Mark too.
ps. I think Yoonwa is going to love the nose flute. He's very musical like that. mwah!
This facebook comment is worth sharing because my other goal for 2012 is to bring back "the package". I'm hoping it catches on and that mailing little boxes of fun will be the "it" thing to do by the end of the year {way more fun than sending your friend an email}. My first one of the year, which was inspired by something Jamie said before Christmas, arrived in Portland today. More to follow throughout 2012...
Happy New Year!
a revision:
Mark objected to the complete lack of pictures in my original post. To appease him {and hopefully prevent him from singing more songs about sad frenchmen} and to stay somewhat on topic with this particular post, here is one of my favorite places we discovered in 2011 - Crescent Lake on the Olympic Penninsula.

2 comments:
I agree. That photo is too awesome to have not been included.
And those sound like great goals for 2012. I started doing yoga in 2011 and I'm kind of hooked! And I can't wait to read about all your travels and adventures. Have an amazing 2012!
Beautiful picture.
Post a Comment