9.14.2011

News Bulletin: We're Moving to Colorado!

I know it's crazy since we just moved to Portland last November, but we are packing our bags once again and moving 1,000 miles east to Denver. I was offered a job with National Geographic making hiking maps and just couldn't turn it down. Oh joy!

So we have lots to do in the next month before we leave, which includes a little more work here, followed by a trip home to Tennessee, then we come back to Portland to move our things. My first day of work in Denver will be in mid-October.

I'll get more nostalgic on Portland later, which has been a challenging but great home for us the past 10 months. But we have absolutely no peace about staying. Our pastor said this Sunday that you don't always know when you have peace about a decision, but you know when you don't. And we just can't stay.

So next stop is one mile up. Having lived at sea level the past ten months, this is going to be quite a change. But a sunny one!

2 comments:

Things To Do said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations on the big move and the great job! It seems like you guys were only just moving to the West Coast. Can't wait to read all about your adventures in Denver, the Sunshine State. Gorgeous! (aka Old School).

Dana said...

I'm so pumped about this opportunity! :) That and you are a little closer to TX which is always amazing. I'm thinking a road trip is in order next summer! First Albuquerque and then Denver! You are going to love CO! I just know it. Yeah yeah I know I said that about PDX too but wow was I to know you would have SAD!?