9.27.2011

A Picture...and Some Packing Babble

Last week Jamie, my photographer friend from RFKC, took some pictures of Mark and I. We only have copies of a few - the rest will arrive once we get back from Tennessee.

But for now... just chilling on some steps like we always do.


And I have said this at least fifteen times today, so I might as well say it on the blog. I really hate packing. This probably goes hand-in-hand with the fact I don't like stuff, let alone packing stuff into boxes. On this particular move {We average moving almost once per year, which I'm sure is a nightmare for a few address books out there. Sorry}, I decided we should get rid of 100 things. We did this when we moved to Portland too. And probably during most other moves. I am turning into an extreme minimalist and will get rid of almost anything, including things we desperately need {Hence why our clothes are always wrinkled - I think the iron got tossed in the DC move of '09. Our nice cooler, which would have been perfect for camping, got axed last year in the great trans-American move of 2010. As you can imagine, this drives Mark, my pack-rat husband, batty}. Don't be surprised if soon all we have left is our computer and an air mattress. And all of Mark's things. Mark guards them like a hawk. I guess I would too if I had me running around, throwing out all the essentials in an "I'm freeing us from the prison that is our stuff" manic high. I really should seek help {I actually suggested we leave the TV behind this move. I was vetoed.}...but enough babbling. Back to packing.

3 comments:

Things To Do said...

Good luck with packing! Every time I start packing I take such care in packing and wrap everything over and over again. And then at the end, I'm just tossing things in a box.

Love that picture of you two! Great way to end your stay in Portland!

Jamie Rae said...

Tracy! you are so funny. love your little blog, and nice picture, too! ;)

Anonymous said...

Love, love love this pic. Is there any way I can get a copy???