On the way back to Portland we made a quick detour into North Cascades National Park, which sits on the Washington-Canadian border. Over 90 percent of this very large park is inaccessible, unless you're interested in some major back country hiking...they didn't even map the thing until late into the twentieth century. We sent someone to the moon before we knew the in's and out's of this place. The trail we were interested in hiking was still snow-covered so we opted for a 3 mile hike {I have a rule that I haven't truly visited a park until I've hiked at least one trail} along one of the lakes and then soaked in a few of the mountain views.





1 comment:
See I like your definition of visiting a park. Mine in the past has been, if I nearly get into a car accident within or leaving the park. Yours seems so much better. Haha.
Post a Comment