Since no one in our little group had ever been to Seattle, we spent the weekend being 100% tourist. First stop, the Space Needle, which is a bit disappointing in person. It's not as tall as I expected. On my list of monuments it goes near the bottom, right beside the Eiffel Tower, Stonehenge, and the Grand Canyon. {Do I seem hard to impress? I liked the Golden Gate Bridge, if that helps}
This was the view from our hotel window. Based on the low price for our room, I'm guessing mid-January isn't high tourist season for Seattle. It's those pesky, ever-present clouds. Makes me want a donut.
So after a short yet expensive elevator ride to the top, we soaked in a few views of Seattle and Puget Sound. The best views however are on the ground, at night, in a bit of fog. Just lovely.
Also lovely was the classic "green-screen" tourist shot they took before we went up. I do believe we're enjoying a little ferry ride across the Sound on a blue-sky day. How nice..yet utterly unrealistic.


2 comments:
The night picture and the panoramic pics are awesome! When we were in Seattle we did a ducks tour and we were those people who had the duck whistles all day. People at the space needle love it.
Fun pictures!
Post a Comment