Mark and I are neophytes to winter sports {Tennessee isn't exactly "Snow Country"} so we signed up Saturday for REI's Winter Trails Day - a free day where we could try on snow shoes from a number of vendors and go hiking around. It was held on an undeveloped Sno-Park on Mt Hood. There were numerous snow-shoers, like ourselves, joined by a decent crowd enjoying some sled-action on several hills in the park.
I have never in my life seen so much snow! This particular park had around 55 inches. Go a bit higher up Mt Hood and you can easily double that number.

Look! Sunshine!
Not the most glamorous picture but hopefully this will give you an idea of how deep the snow was...and winter has only just begun.
2 comments:
I so just had a similar conversation about snow chains! I have a tiny car that is just so not mountain snow equipped, but I was really wanting to head up to Tahoe. So I've vowed next year, I will learn how to chain mine on!
Pics are lovely! Looks like a fun time!
You're so outdoorsy. :)
Post a Comment