1.02.2011

Christmas in Dixie {Part II}

On Christmas morning we got up early {with the two hour time difference it felt like getting up at six. argh} and headed to my brother's for the traditional Christmas pancakes and the one time of year my dad actually cooks. These pancakes will stop your heart people - in the most delicious, why is my heart beating funny, kind of way of course.

After pancakes we played with cars and trucks, opened gifts, wii'd, and watched while Jack did his best Elton John impression.

Grandparents were there, an aunt, a cousin, and of course the Schuster's, best friends of Pete and Laura's. They are at every Campbell event and are family at this point. No trip to Alabama is complete without them. Apparently, after being overcome with guilt at the stick-figure drawing Melissa gave us a year ago, she spent Christmas day giving a picture of Mark and I another go. We love it! Thank you Melissa!

Also it snowed several inches. Perfect sticky snowman, snowball-fight snow. I haven't made a snowman in years and am pretty sure the last snowball fight I had was when I was little, so it was awesome. Perfect Christmas day!

2 comments:

Evan and Marta said...

I love the snowmen!

Angela said...

LOVE, the snowman pics of you and Mark...HYSTERICAL!!!