But before crossing into snowy Idaho, we did make one quick pit-stop in Salt Lake City, snapping our obligatory picture of the state capital and taking a quick tour around the famed Mormon Temple. Two notes about the Mormons: 1) they like very wide roads, and 2) they lack any imagination when it comes to street names.. 200, 100, 1400, 100000. All numbers. At one point we were at the intersection of 100 and 100. Fun.
I liked their nativity placement. Who wouldn't want to give birth to a baby in the middle of a pond surrounded by floating light bubbles?And then for the next two days, our drive looked something like the picture below. We didn't love the roads but we did welcome the trees.
And 2,833 miles after leaving Knoxville we arrived in Portland. And it was wet, just like they always say...stay tuned.
1 comment:
Yeah, on getting there safe and sound! I've always avoided traveling during the winter by car since I've moved from the midwest, cause the term 'chains required' scares me. Best wishes on your new home!
Post a Comment