11.29.2010

Canyonlands NP

On our second day in Moab we went to nearby Canyonlands National Park. This is the largest national park in Utah and we were only able to see a small part called Island in the Sky. As you can probably guess, Canyonlands is a land of canyons. Lots of them. All carved by the Colorado and Green Rivers.

And it was absolutely freezing. And it snowed a bit. On this particular night, after we were tucked warmly back into our Moab hotel, the temperature dropped to 1 degree. Frigid.

And I have no clue what is happening in this first picture. My back's to the camera, Mark is looking for something...perhaps we were looking for canyons. Nope, none here.

{Caution. Hula Hooper's crossing Street}

After driving thru the Park for several hours my car looked something like the picture above. It took a bit of muscle to break it all free. Quite the collection of ice. Like I said, frigid!

And here's a little confession: I don't actually like canyons. Truth be told, I thought the Grand Canyon seemed a bit small {In all fairness, Mark thought the same thing. But he also thinks Mt Rushmore is small, with which I completely disagree. He's crazy. Those presidents were huge!}. Canyonlands was nice, as far as canyons go, but I just can't figure out what to do with it. Walk to the edge, look in, walk to the other side, look in...repeat. Then leave. Canyons are boring. You heard it here first.

No comments: