12.21.2010

The Occasional View

Every once in awhile the clouds part for a brief moment and the mountains come out. Mt Hood, the behemoth pictured on the left rises to over 11,000 ft. Since Portland is at 70 feet, it's a dramatic sight. Mt St Helen's, which is about 60 miles north of Portland, is also visible from time to time. It's the more stubby peak on the right.

From my office window I can occasionally see Mt St Helen's. I think she's come out twice over the past three weeks, but I actually see rainbows on a much more frequent basis - sometimes three in one day. Proof that the sun is shining somewhere.

2 comments:

Things to Do said...

I love the two buildings that are under the rainbow. It's almost like it was planned!

mina said...

That last rainbow looks so perfect that it looks fake! Amazing!

P.S. I sent you an email but it was returned to sender with a warning message... do you have another email? I'll try re-sending now.