

We walked briefly thru downtown but the main reason for our stop-over was to visit the Omaha Zoo. I believe this zoo is Omaha's little secret, known only by the locals. Lucky for us, our good friend's Dana and Josh used to live here, and I have heard Dana talk about this zoo for years. And she has been right on every count - it's amazing! Best Zoo Ever! While we ventured around the exhibits I tested out my new bear toboggan to see if it would scare any animals, or if the Omaha bears would welcome me as one of their own. Unfortunately the animals all seemed unfazed. Very disappointing.


But we did learn how they keep the polar bear's coat so white. They throw Clorox boxes into their pin {see the box?}. Bleach makes for a very white and fuzzy bear.
If you're ever within a 50 mile radius of Omaha, go to the zoo. It really is quite remarkable. We could have spent a whole day there but we had to get back on the road.
No comments:
Post a Comment