Two night ago while digging through the closet in a frantic search for my latest IKEA catalogue, I unearthed some picture albums from our travel's past. I never did find my catalogue but did enjoy flipping through the albums. When we went to Italy last May I had just started this blog, however I hardly mentioned anything about our 12 day sojourn into this pizza holy land. Truth be told, I had forgotten my blog's password. I actually forgot the password while in Rome, sitting at our hostel's communal computer, and didn't remember it until the following month. So in honor of the pasta noodles we finally boiled last night (which were purchased in Rome over a year and a half-ago), I decided to briefly revisit one of our vacations from 2008.
Florence
Atop Mt Vesuvius, Naples
The Island of Capri
Rome
Florence is also lovely and it's gelato started me eating ice cream again. Truth be told, I've never been a huge fan of ice cream, but it's hard to say no to real Italian gelato. They did invent the stuff after all. I hope to go back to Italy some day, to the northern part near the Alps, but until then I'll just have to let my fond memories of this trip get me through the pizza-less days.
1 comment:
i think "pizza" or "pizza-less" is a beautiful way to measure your days :)
Post a Comment