Sometimes there just aren't enough hours in a day, or between flights at least. Our good friend's Lottie and Guillaume (pronounced "Gee Yum") have spent the last year traveling around South America. They flew home to London yesterday and fortunately for us, they had an 8+ hour layover in Atlanta. We picked them up Friday morning and hit the town. It was fantastic! Below are some pictures from the first part of our day (picking them up after their flight from Lima. Then to the Coca Cola Museum). I'll include a little 'Lottie Introduction' at the end (she's just that amazing).
Guil takes a little snooze during that last picture - we can't blame him. They had just spent 7 hours flying in from Peru. This whole picture was incredibly cheesy and the bear a tad frightening.
A Little History:
Lottie and I became fast friends while roommates at Southern Miss our junior years. She was doing a study abroad that year and I was there trying to figure out life (This was during my "I'm going to be a marine biologist" phase - this dream went down the toilet when I realized the ocean freaks me out). We spent the year surviving in a simple southern town - going mad really - and after almost ten years, she still remains one of my dearest friends and favorite people. We email constantly, call occasionally, and try and make a point to see each other at least once a year. For the most part we've done pretty well, meeting up in either Europe or the States five times over the past eight years (sometimes for a week, sometimes for a few hours). Guillaume and Mark have since joined the madness, making it all quite lovely. We're already planning our 2010 rendezvous (Iceland perhaps - it's halfway, or maybe a trip to France, or London, or a trek around the American West...who knows. It could be in a ditch and Lottie and I would still spend the hours laughing.)

No comments:
Post a Comment