The weather in DC was absolutely incredible on Saturday so Mark and I hooked up the bikes to our car and headed into town. We rode the Mt Vernon Trail, which parallels the Potomac for 18 miles from the Theodore Roosevelt Memorial to Mt Vernon. We didn't make it the whole way, but instead stopped in Alexandria for some pizza and ice cream before heading back.And now I'm crazy sunburned. I guess that's what happens when you've been covered from head-to-toe since January. We don't have too many pictures from the trek (since it's hard to ride a bike and take pictures at the same time) but I posted a few, along with some videos below.
This video was shot at Gravelly Point, my favorite stop of the trip. Not only can you play soccer and run around a large field, but you can also lay in the grass at the end of Reagan National Airport's runway. The planes fly directly overhead moments before landing. Very cool.
Attention Family and Friends: My birthday is in August and the above scooter would make an excellent gift. And although it looks like Mark is hurling in the grass, he's fine. He was just taking the opportunity to look for four-leaf clovers.
And a little Beethoven finale. We found this man in Alexandria. He just wets the tips of his fingers and plays. I recorded for about a minute until my camera battery died. Enjoy.
1 comment:
The guy with the water glasses is incredible!!! I think that's my new favorite video.
Post a Comment