4.07.2009

Lazy Day

Mark and I were the epitome of laziness on Saturday. I woke up at 9:30, read on the sofa for 30 minutes, then fell back asleep 'til noon. Mark's morning wasn't much different.

Our original plan was to get up early and go to Philadelphia - obviously that didn't happen. Instead, we went on a very long walk in DC - starting at the Theodore Roosevelt Memorial, then to Georgetown (more specifically, Dolcezza) and then to the Tidal Basin for another glimpse at the Cherry blossoms. I don't know the actual distance, but we started walking at 4 and didn't stop till around 10.

The Teddy Roosevelt Memorial is on a small island on the Potomac. It's one of our favorite places in DC, especially when things start getting green. We like to lay on the benches and watch planes fly over the island, which is directly under the flight path for Reagan National Airport nearby.

My thought bubble says "I wonder if they'll have the chocolate rocher gelato again at Dolcezza?" Unfortunately they didn't. I settled for chocolate classico instead. Oh the sacrifice!

If I ever get brave and sign up for desert at group, I would bring this: a solid, white chocolate Capital building.

Blog Buck Opportunity: Name this famous (and completely hideous) building.

You can never photograph the Washington Monument enough, at least that's our motto.

3 comments:

Evan and Marta said...

The Watergate!!!

Does that make 3 trips to Dolcezza? Chocolate rocher gelato sounds heavenly. I'm waiting for Shokolad to get their gelato machine up and running so I can enjoy a sweet treat here in Knoxville.

Kaye said...

I will name the building, "The Beehive"

Anonymous said...

Watergate

bc