2.16.2009

Nuggets

Here's a little nugget of knowledge for you all -

Every president since FDR has received a 'map box' from National Geographic (pictured below). According to our Chief Editor in the Maps division, George Bush was thrilled to receive his and hung it in his private office. Dick Cheney demanded that he get one as well, and although NGS has never made one for a Vice President, they did so...and apparently Cheney was very ungrateful. Tsk Tsk. Obama's is currently in the works and as an added bonus, they are including a map of Hawaii. Several notable people from the society will present it to him later this year. I'm currently trying to figure out a way to get included in that little soiree.

In case you were wondering, these boxes aren't sold commercially (predominately because they would cost you around $10,000)

And on an unrelated topic, am I supposed to climb up the ledge and stand in the mulch to get my Washington Post? I'm confused.

No comments: