9.13.2008

Field Camp Revisited

A bit of nostalgia:
Today I found a cd filled with pictures from Field Camp 2003. For those of you who don't know, Field Camp is a right of passage for all geology undergrads and is quite possibly the worst time you can have while visiting the most beautiful places in the country. It is 5 weeks of riding in a van, sleeping outside in subzero temperatures, and trying not to die (whether by dehydration or mountain lion) while mapping a bunch of rocks. My friend Patricia and I braved it together 5 years ago, and in honor of that achievement, I've posted a few pictures (most of which I look retarded in). So, enjoy!


Here we all are, looking quite ridiculous. Those khaki cords were my absolute favorite pair of pants. I miss them.

My favorite sign ever.

Me and my stick! By the time we reached Montana (or Wyoming?), I began to lose my mind.

I'm not sure what's happening here. I can only imagine I had laid down to die.

I look thrilled to be standing in this canyon. A train would come by every few minutes, endangering us all.

Patricia and I, ridiculously posed, at Massacre Rock (good things did not happen here, as you can tell by the name).

So, good times (sort of). It's one of those trips that, while it was horrible during, is ridiculously funny now (similar to the geology trip to the Florida Keyes one year earlier). I'm sure I have some pretty pictures of skipping rocks on Yellowstone Lake and trekking through lava tubes in Idaho tucked away somewhere, but those will have to wait for another post.

No comments: