6.29.2013

A Wedding

Things have been a bit of a whirlwind the past two months, especially the past two weeks, and for the first Saturday in awhile, Mark and I are home and have absolutely nothing planned. And it's marvelous.  So I thought I should take a moment and record a few of the things we've been celebrating recently, starting with Tiffany and Dustin's wedding two weeks ago.

Mark and I attended two weddings this month that were six days apart - one in Tennessee, one in the Pacific NW.  The first was back home in Knoxville and it was glorious.  We spent eight wonderful days visiting friends and family {My family now lives there or is in the process of packing up and moving back.  So long Alabama! Go Big Orange!} and celebrating the beautiful wedding of one of my nearest and dearest of friends.


Me & Tiff



Evan & Marta


Nathan & Leslie


Jen Rose & Tara
{I know a million people named Jen so they are all referred to by their first and last name.  Also, Tara spent most of the reception scaring the living daylights out of Jen Rose and I.  She told us all about the miracle of child birth.  By the end we were both petrified.  Thanks.}


The picture above should be a PSA to join a small group.  With the exception of Dustin {the groom} and Mark, I met all of those people in Evan and Marta's house and ended up gaining two best friends from those years meeting together.  Thanks guys!


Love her!



I've had moments the past two weeks were I've just paused and tried to soak in how great this season of life really is. We're in that window of time where we're celebrating weddings and friend's having babies or raising small kids.  I don't want to take these moments, or this season of life, for granted.  Everyone is healthy and we're all getting to celebrate love and family and new beginnings. Life is just good.

So congratulations Tiff and Dustin!  We love you both!

No comments: