10.04.2012

Oregon :: A Work Trip

"I used to think I needed to record stories, but now I know I just need to engage them" - Bob Goff

I love this quote from Bob Goff and would like to tell you I purposely took a break from blogging because of it, but honestly, I'm a bit clueless as to what we've been up to since my brother left town weeks ago.  I think subconsciously I've been preparing for the madness that is my October by doing as little as possible.  I have eleven flights scheduled between a few days ago {I just completed the first two} and election day - perfect timing since Colorado is a swing state and my vote may actually mean something this time around.

I just returned from my first of two trips to Oregon, both work related.  I have been working on two maps and had several meetings with various forest service officials earlier this week. Not a shabby place to be sent for several days - all expenses paid.  This is all made more glorious by the fact we used to call Oregon home and have so many reasons to return, especially when the weather is what it was earlier this week.

Most of the pictures below are from my phone {instagram :: @pollocktracy}.  I promise I did work some too...


1} Those are not real.


3} You can in fact get through airport security with a bunch of wires sticking out from under your shirt and electrodes attached to your chest.
4}  Mount Hood...  that view from the plane just never gets old


5}  Spending a Sunday afternoon with my newest little "nephew", baby Makai
6}  And my dear friend Francina, who insisted we have our picture made with her NOT pregnant.  I love this woman!


7} The Trader Joe's freezer section, which is in fact the "World's Best Freezer Section"
8)  Sunday night church at Solid Rock downtown


9} Trying to play the part while in Eugene - Go Ducks!
10}  A half-pint of Huckleberries, which I purchased from the back of a guy's van in Bend and then proceeded to eat for the next two days.  Bliss!


11} Sallalie Falls, just one of my many stops as I drove through my map
12} Big Lake and Mt Washington...  just another stop along the way.  All in a hard day's work.


13}  My friendly chipmunk friend, who kept me company at Trillium Lake.
14}  Stopping to stretch my legs between Bend and Portland.  Sitting with Mt Hood feels like sitting with an old friend.


15} Trillium Lake :: One of my favorites places on the planet.

No comments: