10.21.2012

Friends = Family

I just returned from my second trip to Oregon this month... and quite frankly, I'm a bit tired. But there's no rest for the weary since in a short 48 hours my bags will be packed again for the grand finale of this month's travels.

When I was in Portland a couple of weeks ago, I spent an afternoon with our dear friends {who also feel like an extension of our family} - the Kahl's.  Here are two special pictures from that visit that I stole off Francina's computer...


{A pre-dinner soccer match in the backyard with Naima and Nico}


{Francina and me}


I stayed with them this trip and even though I was conferencing downtown and spent most of my time surrounded by five hundred other cartographers, it was so nice to come back to a welcoming home at the end of the day.

Thank you friends!  Looking forward to our next time together...

No comments: