My brother and his family have been in Denver visiting us for the past eight days. They left yesterday morning for the long drive back to Alabama and our apartment has felt very empty without them. In fact, I was a bit of a basket case last night without my little nephew running around.
We did a million things {museums, playgrounds, zoos, train rides, more playgrounds} including going into Rocky Mountain National Park on Wednesday with my coveted raft in tow. I've only used this thing once before {if you remember, it was my birthday present last year while we were living in Portland} so it was nice to put it to good use again in beautiful Lily Lake.
We picnic'd at Lily Lake and then Jack and I set out for a bit of rowing adventure. Unfortunately after about five minutes, it became pretty evident that I'm a horrible rower... so we gladly welcomed Pete into our little boat to take over, allowing me to sit back, relax, and enjoy the view. And sing songs about seaweed with Jack.







After Lily Lake {and after Jack chased Mark with sticks and turned even larger sticks in bazookas} we drove up Trail Ridge Road, the highest major highway in North America. It goes up to an air-thinning 12,000 feet above sea-level, but despite the lack of oxygen, the views are nice and the weather cold and windy.


On the way back to a more breathable 7500 ft, we were treated with this:
We did a million things {museums, playgrounds, zoos, train rides, more playgrounds} including going into Rocky Mountain National Park on Wednesday with my coveted raft in tow. I've only used this thing once before {if you remember, it was my birthday present last year while we were living in Portland} so it was nice to put it to good use again in beautiful Lily Lake.
We picnic'd at Lily Lake and then Jack and I set out for a bit of rowing adventure. Unfortunately after about five minutes, it became pretty evident that I'm a horrible rower... so we gladly welcomed Pete into our little boat to take over, allowing me to sit back, relax, and enjoy the view. And sing songs about seaweed with Jack.







After Lily Lake {and after Jack chased Mark with sticks and turned even larger sticks in bazookas} we drove up Trail Ridge Road, the highest major highway in North America. It goes up to an air-thinning 12,000 feet above sea-level, but despite the lack of oxygen, the views are nice and the weather cold and windy.


On the way back to a more breathable 7500 ft, we were treated with this:
Not annoying at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment