7.20.2012

Love Does

I just started reading Love Does by Bob Goff.  I listened to him speak {via podcast} at National Community Church a month ago and was excited to read his book.  And now I'm thinking of love and relationships and life in a whole new light.  In terms of "love does".

Andy Stanley says the best question ever is "What is the wise thing to do?"  Bob Goff made me realize that I should also ask "What would love do?"

Last week my mom and grandparents were in a car wreck.  My mom is bruised and sore but otherwise okay.  My grandparents are still in the hospital and my papaw is the ICU.  When I told my friend Angela about the wreck, she offered to go to the hospital and sit with my family.  I don't believe she's ever met my family.  And I was touched beyond measure.  And then I thought "This is what LOVE DOES.  Love offers to sit at hospitals with strangers because your friend is in Denver and can't be there herself."  And that one simple offer still fills me with tremendous peace.  And now I'm looking for love does everywhere, but more importantly, I'm trying to do it more myself.  Thank you Angela.


"I used to think being loved was the greatest thing to think about, but now I know love is never satisfied just thinking about it" - Bob Goff

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a neat post. It touched me.

Dana said...

What a lovely friend! :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE that book.

I read Hebrews 13 this morning and was reminded of that book. Verses 1-3 say, "Stay on good terms with each other, held together by love. Be ready with a meal or a bed when it's needed. Why, some have extended hospitality to angels without ever knowing it! Regard prisoners as if you were in prison with them. Look for victims of abuse as if what happened to them had happened to you."

Angela said...

Awww, thanks tp! I'm just now catching up on the blogs (thanks to those crazy kids that keep me busy). I know you would have done the same for me! I love you and your family, even if I haven't met them, because they are a part of you! Miss you and hope everyone is doing well!
*sorry if this is a duplicate post, my earlier one disappeared.