7.25.2012

If you really knew me...

I've read some "If you really knew me..." posts that are floating around the blogosphere at the moment and really enjoy them, especially since blogs are a place where we tend to put our best foot forward and therefore become slightly less real  So, because my belly is full of Mexican food and therefore I must sit down, and Mark is doing homework and is otherwise engaged, I figured I'd share some of my own.

If you really knew me...

...  you'd know the smell of bacon cooking makes me incredibly nauseous

...  you'd know that Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters {and Nirvana} once borrowed my car to drive around Knoxville, Tennessee.  And that I washed the Dixie Chicks dishes. And because neither the Chicks nor their staff were very nice, I made sure to hold all their stuff back until my water was as dirty as possible.

...  you'd know I cannot set my alarm clock to a multiple of five.  I typically set it for 6:58, or if I need a little extra sleep, 7:09

...  you'd know that I have struggled with anxiety and panic attacks for a very long time

...  you'd know I don't like dogs, or cooking, or the color purple

... you'd know that I can eat a decent-sized pizza in less than five minutes

...  you'd know that I cannot walk into a hospital without either a) throwing up or b) almost passing out.  I once had to abandon Mark in the ER for this very reason.  While he was seen by doctors, I sat in the car with the AC at full blast, then had to further distract myself by driving continuously around the block.

...  you'd know I also get incredibly sea sick.  Therefore you will never read a post on this blog about a cruise vacation

...  you'd know that for a third of my life, I either wore a retainer, braces, or a headgear.  Most of those years were between the ages of 11 and 18 so to say I was super hip in middle and high school would be an understatement.

...  you'd know I'm stubborn, opinionated, and see the world almost entirely in black and white.  But you'd also know I'm quite funny, fiercely loyal to my friends, and still have the imagination of an eight year old.

...  you'd know I don't drink.  Except I do drink 2 percent milk.  And juice.  And water.

...  you'd know I have magical powers over almost any child under the age of three and if given an hour, can turn myself into their best friend.

...  and you'd know that since it is now 10 o'clock, it's my bedtime.


Good Night!



3 comments:

Dana said...

:) Yay! I know you! I love you and miss you friend!

Jamie Rae said...

haha! i always know that you are funny, witty, fun loving, and beautiful. i miss you, friend!! <3

mina said...

I need to know the details of that Dave Grohl story!