While in Knoxville I attended my first Crawfish Boil, which was being held in celebration of my friend Tiff's friend Amanda's birthday {was that hard to follow? Amanda is my friend too at this point and has come with Tiff to both DC and Portland to visit us. She really is quite lovely}... unfortunately, in order to catch the second half of my niece's dance recital, I had to leave before the little fishies were finished {Not that I was going to eat one anyway. Those things look scary!}, but I was there long enough to visit with friends, drink two Capri Suns, and play a rousing game of cornhole {Tiff and I lost, but the guy keeping score had had several beers. Perhaps we would have won had the score keeping been left to the girl drinking Capri Suns}...

Me and Tiff. I have five BFF's scattered around the planet. She is one of the them.

This was one of the best evenings I have had in awhile. Amanda purchased this house in February and it's my dream house. Small and adorable with hardwood floors and loads of character. And she has the perfect backyard, equipped with large shade trees, a garden, and a tree house. Recently I have had a vision of what I want my future to look like, and it looks almost exactly like this. Cute little house, friends over for dinner at a large table under the trees. Perhaps not all the dogs that were running around, although there was an achingly cute puppy at the party. My vision has hamsters and cats instead, and a really good swing {I had envisioned a large trampoline too but Mark thought it was starting to get a bit redneck so the trampoline has been removed temporarily}, but still...it's bizarre when you are standing in the middle of the vision you have for your life, except it's not your reality right now - it's someone else's. It was weird. And fantastic.
Fun Thing: Amanda has turtles. Their names are Biggie, Medium, Smalls, and Extra Smalls. Unfortunately Biggie ate Extra Smalls so now she just has Biggie, Medium, and Smalls.

Me and Tiff. I have five BFF's scattered around the planet. She is one of the them.

This was one of the best evenings I have had in awhile. Amanda purchased this house in February and it's my dream house. Small and adorable with hardwood floors and loads of character. And she has the perfect backyard, equipped with large shade trees, a garden, and a tree house. Recently I have had a vision of what I want my future to look like, and it looks almost exactly like this. Cute little house, friends over for dinner at a large table under the trees. Perhaps not all the dogs that were running around, although there was an achingly cute puppy at the party. My vision has hamsters and cats instead, and a really good swing {I had envisioned a large trampoline too but Mark thought it was starting to get a bit redneck so the trampoline has been removed temporarily}, but still...it's bizarre when you are standing in the middle of the vision you have for your life, except it's not your reality right now - it's someone else's. It was weird. And fantastic.
Fun Thing: Amanda has turtles. Their names are Biggie, Medium, Smalls, and Extra Smalls. Unfortunately Biggie ate Extra Smalls so now she just has Biggie, Medium, and Smalls.
1 comment:
A trampoline is redneck if it's in your FRONT yard.
Post a Comment