Yesterday was one of those pajama days where it was cold and snowing and my office actually closed {reason #18 I love my job: a snow day is essentially an unscheduled paid holiday}. Fortunately I had the foresight on Thursday night to pick up a package of Oreos at the grocery, which I proceeded to snack on while lounging in my jammies. I actually knocked two things off my New Year's resolution list, both of which involved tackling some lingering tasks, plus I cleaned the apartment, took a nap, ate more cookies, and caught up on missed episodes of the Big Bang Theory.

Then today we finally stepped outside. The streets are already clear, and minus the random patch of ice, the sidewalks look as though it never snowed. But there is also no shortage of white fluffiness. We measured 14 inches outside our doorstep.

This little snowstorm did prevent me from going to yoga last night. I started two weeks ago and am in the process of becoming one cool cucumber. My yoga class isn't traditional. It's more tapping {translation: slapping yourself repeatedly in the most loving, healing way}, intestinals {translation: pushing your small intestines out, sucking them back in}, and vibrations {translation: jumping like a crazy person to the rhythm of some hip tunes while attempting to bring your mind to a state of nothingness}. I love it {well, maybe not the intestinal exercises so much} but it's run by three super cute South Korean women who give me a hug when I come in.

And for a change of subject, my friend Marta suggested I stop moving to places at the beginning of winter. So true my friend. I simply don't know what to do with all this. Growing up in the south in no way prepared me for months of cold and snow and constant toboggan wearing. Summer I can handle. Winter...well, I'm just not interested.
So to escape the blahs, we have booked ourselves a lovely weekend away...to southern California. Warmth. Low altitudes. No raincoats or long underwear needed on the beach. Bliss! But that trip is still a month away. Until then it's just me, Mark, and Old Man Winter.
1 comment:
I hear Texas is nice in March! :) Wish you were coming here for EB's birthday party! You will have to tell me all about your trip plans to CA!
Post a Comment