11.15.2011

Little Map Things

1. My work environment in Portland was a little weird. My boss didn't quite know how to use me, so one day when I found myself with nothing to do, I sat down and started making a map from scratch. I ended up turning that map into a fairly big project that has just gone to press. Click here to see.

2. The map below is missing three flights but otherwise represents my time spent in the air {missing flights: Portland to SLC, SLC to Nashville, and Detroit to Portland... but the original file is now lost so they will be missing for quite some time}


That little pink fuzzy represents the scariest spot I've ever been while in a plane. That was last May. When Mother Nature kept sending waves of tornadoes across the country. It. Was. Bumpy.

3. Over the past four weeks I have become completely addicted to "The Big Bang Theory"... the TV show, not the block of matter that exploded in space and eventually formed cats and donkeys and sandwiches {this thought isn't necessarily a "Little Map Thing" but instead is a confession on my part. It's my way of saying that I'm watching a little too much TV at the moment}.

4. And as hard as it is for us to believe, one year ago today we were still living in Knoxville. We didn't leave Tennessee until the 17th of November. What a crazy, exhausting, fulfilling, and amazing year it has been. God is good.

3 comments:

Sam, Adrianna, Zoe, Penny, & June said...

That map is rad. I kinda want to do one too, but I need to first remember where I've been. I know I was on 10 different flights just when we visited Brasil, so that would be chaotic. (also one of them was my little pink fuzzy, so I don't want to relive that)

We've been hitting the big bang theory dvds hard too! It's a fun show. My MIL randomly gave me seasons 1 & 2 for Christmas last year, and it finally occurred to us to purchase 3 & 4 instead of just whining about not having them. der.

Things To Do said...

These are both uber awesome! Congrats on your project being published!

And I totally love the idea of having a map on all the flights you've been on. That's great.

Jamie Rae said...

You are strange and I love it. Come home and be strange with me.