Anyone who hasn't been living under a rock the past couple of years knows that vampires live on the Olympic Peninsula in the tiny town of Forks. We didn't see any vampires, or werewolves for that matter, but we did venture thru Forks...which is capitalizing on their Twilight fame to an embarrassing degree.


I am not kidding when I say that Mark made the take the following picture. Welcome to the Forks visitor center...


After leaving Forks, which really isn't much of a town {and just an FYI, the movies were never filmed there}, we swung around to the north side of Olympic National Park for a short hike {real short...a mile maybe} and to take a peak from atop Hurricane Ridge.



We had a Snow White moment while sitting on that picnic table. Within a two minute period, we were surrounded by chipmunks, birds, a bunny rabbit, and several deer. However once the Disney moment ended and we moved along the trail, I was overtaken with snow blindness. I'm actually sitting on top of a bench...and blind as a bat.


The second night of our trip we camped at Lake Crescent, which was gorgeous. Our site was right on the lake. I set up our hammock and enjoyed views of the lake while Mark set up the tent. Later that evening we went to a campfire ranger talk where we learned about insects {which, strangely enough, we've brought up in conversation numerous times since...apparently we were both riveted} and once again, we were tucked into our sleeping bags by 10.



Below was the view from our hammock {which is one of the best thing I have ever purchased}, made more perfect by the baby ducks.








While Mark liked the mountain top views from Hurricane Ridge, I found this particular spot to be the most beautiful in the park.
Heading to the San Juan Islands next...
2 comments:
My friend's husband was actually in Forks earlier this year for a basketball tournament. And while he was playing basketball, she went on the tour. Haha.
Again your photos are great. I was going to tell you which were my favorites, but then it was like half of them. :)
Tracy these pictures are amazing. You must put them in a book.
Post a Comment