Here are a few miscellaneous items to keep you {and by "you" I mean all three of you} company before I go off the grid for a week or so...
1. Mark has started baking bread. Awhile back he was in a soup phase, but I think he became inspired to try something new after spending time with our French friend, Guillaume, in April {who has his own blog entirely devoted to bread...oui oui} So goodbye soup. Hello bread.

2. I may have gone a bit overboard on the strawberries. I bought a whole box the other day even though there's absolutely no way I can eat them all before they go bad...or before strawberry fatigue sets in, which I'm afraid to say has already begun.
3. Mark almost never leaves this spot.


4. My goal each year is to read 12 books. By June of this year I had already read 18. Eighty-five percent of this stack was read on my commute...just another joy of public transportation {another ten percent were read on airplanes. The remaining five percent included the Hunger Games Trilogy, which I couldn't put down and read at home, in the car, at museums, in a box, with a fox...basically, wherever I was}


6. While a lot of new technology has me running in the other direction {I refuse to own a smart phone or an e-reader for example}, Skype is something I really appreciate. Love you guys!


7. Mark and I have signed up to volunteer at a faith-based summer camp for foster kids in August {and I am SO excited!}. Today was our interview and there were several questions where it became quite apparent I was raised Methodist. One was "What character in the Bible do you relate to the most?". My brother suggested Larry the Cucumber. If we base this answer off his "Where is my Hairbrush" song than yes. Definitely Larry.
8. Is anyone else sad the days are getting shorter, or is it just me?

4 comments:
I'm the same way with strawberries. I order way too much and then I'm usually in trouble after a couple of days!
I could think of so many things to do with those strawberries. And also, I love that I can see a bit of Marta's blog on your Skype screen shot :)
Um, I love "Anxiety Girl"...I giggled when I saw it. I need that to hand on my wall! :)
We'll miss your blogs while you're gone.
Post a Comment