
In case you're curious about the outfits, it was pajama day. So here we are, minus two kids who were absent. Deanne, their amazing teacher, is seated in front. Steven Spielberg's in the back {seriously I have no clue who this guy is but he was in the room at the time so we all told him to get in the picture}. The little guy on the far right in the Incredible Hulk pajamas...that's William. Over Christmas he went to Atlanta with his family and brought the class back four postcards to mail to me. My heart melts just typing that sentence.

I also got a lot of letters like this over the past six months, plus many more asking me to move back to Tennessee. No one can guilt trip you like a six year old. So I did come back, even though it was just for a small amount of time. I wanted them to know they are worth traveling across the country for.
So of all the ridiculous adventures I've been on over the past year, this one was the most special and the most important. And if nothing else, each of these kids will be able to locate Oregon on a map for the rest of their lives.
3 comments:
I love that note. Yikes how lovely.
And seriously how great is it that Steven Spielberg is also volunteering now? :)
oh my goodness. i would treasure that note forever.
Tears!
Post a Comment